Friday & Saturday, September 29-30, 2017
Friday: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm & Saturday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Registration is also available for Friday only and Saturday only.
The Dearborn Inn
20301 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, MI 48124
Phone: (313) 271-2700
This course will be of interest to primary care physicians, general practitioners, internists, practicing gastroenterologists and GI fellows and residents. Physician assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners providing primary care for gastrointestinal disorders are also encouraged to participate.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be able to understand and/or implement:
- the latest recommendations regarding the management of gastroesophageal reflux symptoms.
- the latest guidelines regarding the diagnosis and management of H. pylori.
- the role of the microbiome in gastrointestinal health and disease.
- the state of the art endoscopic evaluation and treatment options for suspected small bowel bleeding and other small bowel pathology.
- the indications, methods and use of fecal microbial transplant (FMT) in various gastrointestinal disorders.
- evidenced-based approach to the evaluation and management of constipation.
- the latest operative and non-operative management strategies for hemorrhoidal disease.
- current concepts and treatment recommendations for managing chronic pancreatitis.
- evidenced-based approach to the evaluation of abnormal liver chemistries.
- the latest updates in risk factors, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of drug induced liver injury.
- the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in IBD.
- behavioral therapy strategies in the management of IBD and functional GI disorders.
You are encouraged to register as soon as you are certain of attending, as we cannot guarantee educational materials for applicants who are not preregistered and prepaid by Friday, September 15, 2017. Payment must accompany registration. Checks should be made payable to the University of Michigan in U.S. currency. Payments by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are also accepted. The registration rate includes continental breakfast, coffee service, lunch, and electronic course materials for participants.
An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing, no later than Friday, September 8, 2017. No refunds will be made thereafter.
An electronic syllabus will be available to download during and a week after the course. The URL will be provided at the course. In addition, a printed syllabus can be purchased for an additional fee of $15. The printed syllabus must be purchased no later than Friday, September 15, 2017.
- General Rate
- Full Course - $355
- One-Day Course Friday only - $250
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $155
- Physician-in-Training, Retired Physician, RN & Allied Health
- Full Course - $290
- One-Day Course Friday only - $200
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $130
- U-M Faculty and Staff
- Full Course - $155
- One-Day Course Friday only - $110
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $70
- Printed Syllabus
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Applications have been submitted to the American Osteopathic Association and the American Academy of Family Physicians for credits. Determination of credit is pending. Other credits by specialty may apply.
Please see the course brochure for further information.
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085