Friday & Saturday, September 28-29, 2018
Friday: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm & Saturday: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Registration is also available for Friday only and Saturday only.
The Inn at St. John’s
44045 Five Mile Road
Plymouth, MI 48170
Phone: (734) 414-0600
Fax: (734) 414-0606
This course will be of interest to primary care physicians, general practitioners, internists, practicing gastroenterologists and GI fellows and residents. Physician assistants, nurses and nurse practitioners providing primary care for gastrointestinal disorders are also encouraged to participate.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be able to understand and/or implement:
- current recommendations regarding the diagnosis and management of atypical GERD.
- current guidelines regarding the diagnosis, and management of Barrett’s esophagus.
- the state of the art endoscopic therapies in the management of obesity.
- the risks of cancer in IBD, and communicating risks:benefits to your patient.
- the latest medical treatment options in the management in inflammatory bowel diseases.
- the state of the art of endoscopic evaluation and treatment options in IBD.
- the pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of C difficile colitis.
- current guidelines regarding colon cancer screening.
- therapies in the management of fecal incontinence.
- latest guidelines on the management of acute pancreatitis.
- the early detection of pancreatic cancer.
- the management of fatty liver disease.
- approach to the evaluation of management of acute hepatitis.
- the evaluation and management of chronic nausea.
- the diagnosis and current management of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
- the use peroral endoscopic myotomy in current GI practice.
You are encouraged to register as soon as you are certain of attending, as we cannot guarantee educational materials for applicants who are not preregistered and prepaid by Friday, September 14, 2018. Payment must accompany registration. Checks should be made payable to the University of Michigan in U.S. currency. Payments by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are also accepted. The registration rate includes continental breakfast, coffee service, lunch, and electronic course materials for participants.
An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing, no later than Friday, September 7, 2018. No refunds will be made thereafter.
An electronic syllabus will be available to download during and a week after the course. The URL will be provided at the course. In addition, a printed syllabus can be purchased for an additional fee of $15. The printed syllabus must be purchased no later than Friday, September 14, 2018.
- General Rate
- Full Course - $355
- One-Day Course Friday only - $250
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $155
- Physician-in-Training, Retired Physician, RN & Allied Health
- Full Course - $290
- One-Day Course Friday only - $200
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $130
- U-M Faculty and Staff
- Full Course - $155
- One-Day Course Friday only - $110
- One-Day Course Saturday only - $70
- Printed Syllabus
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Applications have been submitted to the American Academy of Family Physicians and the American Osteopathic Association. Determination of credit is pending. Other credits by specialty may apply.
Please see the course brochure for complete course information.
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085