The mission of the Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program is to train fellows to become leaders within the field of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. This is accomplished through a robust curriculum that focuses on high quality clinical care, medical education, research and quality improvement.
Mission Statement & Aims
The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Program at the University of Michigan’s C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is an ACGME-accredited program aimed to train academic pediatric hospitalists who are leaders in the care of hospitalized children. This is accomplished through a robust curriculum that focuses on high quality clinical care, medical education, research, and quality improvement.
The Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program will, first and foremost, provide training so that every fellow graduates with the ability to provide excellent care to all inpatient pediatric patients, including those who are medically complex and acutely ill. This training will largely occur at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, a tertiary care medical center, that serves the surrounding community of Ann Arbor, Michigan as well as serving as a referral center for specialized care, medical complex, and acutely ill patients throughout the state of Michigan and the Midwest region. Fellows will have the opportunity to work closely with Michigan’s Pediatric Hospital Medicine faculty who are experts in their field. The program is structured over two years to allow for mastery of skills necessary for individual practice as clinicians as well as leaders in medical education and scholarship in quality improvement, which aligns with Michigan Medicine’s mission to advance health through discovery, leadership, and education.
Fellows in this program will gain the training to allow them to be leaders in:
- Providing high quality, effective, efficient, safe care in a culturally-sensitive, family-centered environment
- Educating a wide variety of medical trainees
- Improving clinical care through participation in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Expanding our knowledge in Pediatric Hospital Medicine by performing high quality and cutting edge clinical research
- Directing interprofessional healthcare teams and engaging in interprofessional education
- Advocating and caring for medically complex children
A growing number of Michigan Medicine off-site locations, as well as partnerships and joint ventures with other institutions, extend the range of training options both regionally and internationally.