Director, Paul Grant, MD.
Hospitalists in our division are leaders in perioperative medicine, hospital medicine consultation, and surgical co-management.
Hospital Medicine Consult Service
Staffed by a faculty hospitalist, the inpatient consult service serves many roles:
- Provide inpatient medical consultation to both surgical and non-surgical patients
- Co-management with selected orthopedic surgery services:
- elective hip/knee replacement patients with medical co-morbidities
- acute hip fracture patients
- Physician lead on the Rapid Response Team (RRT)
- Educate Internal Medicine residents who choose Hospital Medicine Consultation as an elective rotation
General Medicine Preoperative Clinic
Hospital Medicine faculty run the Medicine Preoperative Clinic for medically complicated surgical patients. The clinic operates Monday through Friday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm and serves many functions:
- Provide evidenced-based preoperative risk assessment and risk reduction strategies for patients undergoing a wide array of major surgeries
- Educate Internal Medicine and Family Practice residents who are rotating in our clinic