Our group works to understand how patients with autoimmunity go from being stable to being very sick. We use many models to determine how triggers like skin bacteria or ultraviolet light can stimulate the immune system to go into over-drive and cause damage.
- The effects of ultraviolet light on lupus skin
- Triggers for flares in lupus patients and lupus-prone mice
- Effects of microbiome on skin inflammation in lupus patients
- Bioinformatic approaches to uncovering novel biomarkers and therapies for lupus patients
- Comparisons of cutaneous lupus to other skin diseases