Thursday, September 27, 2018
7:45 am - 3:30 pm
The Kensington Hotel on State Street
3500 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108
Toll Free: (800) 344-7829
This conference is intended for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and other practitioners taking care of older adults with dementia in the community, hospitals, and nursing facilities.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- recognize and describe the course of different types of dementia.
- identify practical strategies for the non-pharmacological management of dementia-related behaviors.
- discuss legal issues that arise with the diagnosis and progression of dementia.
- identify issues and solutions regarding the safety of older adults with dementia and their caregivers in the home.
- discuss decision-making for dementia patients and their caregivers regarding driving, including the ability to drive, legal issues, cessation of driving, and the roles of the practitioner and the caregiver.
You are encouraged to register as soon as you are certain of attending. Payment must accompany registration. Checks should be made payable to the University of Michigan in U.S. currency. Payments by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are also accepted. The registration rate includes continental breakfast, coffee service, lunch, and electronic syllabus for participants.
An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing, no later than Wednesday, September 19, 2018. No refunds will be made thereafter.
An electronic syllabus will be available to download during and a week after the course. The URL will be provided at the course. In addition, a printed syllabus can be purchased for an additional fee of $15. The printed syllabus must be purchased no later than Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
- General Rate
- Physicians-in-Training, Retired Physicians, RN & Allied Health
- U-M Faculty & Staff
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Applications have been submitted to the American Osteopathic Association and the American Academy of Family Physicians for credits. An application has also been submitted for CEs with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Determination of credit is pending. Other credits by specialty may apply.
Please see the attached Course Brochure.
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085