The Department of Pediatrics invites researchers from across Michigan Medicine to submit abstracts of their research in pediatric medicine / children's health.
Abstracts are welcome for research in basic science, clinical investigation, health services, and projects focused on quality improvement. Awards will be presented for best abstracts. We are particularly interested in having trainees and junior faculty members present their work at this event. It is the Department’s expectation that all third year fellows will provide an abstract of their work.
* New this year, an additional award designation will be offered for abstracts with research focused on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). Mark your submission accordingly to be included in this category.
Symposium Program Objectives
The objective of the Pediatric Research Symposium is to present new research in the Pediatric world that can be taken back to the clinics for practical implementation. As a result of their participation in this activity, physicians will be able to improve specific aspects of care and better perform research to identify new ways to improve care.
This event has been planned for faculty, residents, students and others performing research in pediatrics at the University of Michigan. Our goal is to provide an opportunity for participants to (1) be informed of state-of-the-art research in Pediatrics by inter/nationally recognized keynote lecturers; (2) present and discuss their current research in an educational forum; (3) compete for awards promoting young investigators in Pediatric research; (4) be informed of peers’ research across all Pediatric specialties; and (5) have the opportunity to interact and form collaborations with other Pediatric investigators.
Monday, May 13, 2019
- 12:00 - 1:00 Resident Poster Activity
- 3:00 - 6:00 PM Poster Session (Towsley Lobby)
- 4:00 PM - Opipari Inaugural Visiting Professor keynote (Dow Auditorium, Towsley)
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM - Grand Rounds/Plenary Keynote Speaker (Dow Auditorium)
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM - Plenary Session Presentations
- 10:00 - 10:15 AM - Awardee Recognition
- 10:15 - 12:15 - Breakout Sessions/Oral Presentations
- 12:30 - 1:30 PM - "Research Round Tables" / Lunch